Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yay!


I have always told my kids that they can do anything they really want to do...case in point, I started a balcony garden this year. This is the first time I have ever tried to have a vegetable garden on the balcony but I started out several things as seedlings which looked wonderful by the time I was planting them in the pots placed along the balcony. Despite over 50 days of 100 degrees or more this summer, I continued to water the garden. So much of it has burned up, dried and just gave in to the summer heat.




But....I kept at it and low and behold a beautiful cucumber is almost ready to pick!
So satisfying! Yay me for not giving up! I'm glad I can be an example for my kids!

2 comments:

  1. we need to tell grandpa this miracle! see how he feels about letting his garden go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the balcony garden shots!

    ReplyDelete