Friday, August 28, 2009

Murphy's Law....

We are in a record breaking drought here in this part of Texas. I'm talking about a D4 Exceptional (and not in a good way) Drought condition which is the worst one on the chart with very little rain in at least 2 years. Last night, it was a typical night, I had turned the sleep timer on the TV to 30 minutes, and started drifting off to the monologue of Craig Ferguson, only to get startled by hearing the wind whipping around outside. Crap...NOW it has to rain. See it is not just rain which I know we desperately need, it is what comes with it - the wind, thunder, lightening; nothing like that to get our furkids upset. Obi jumped up on the bed panting in my ear and shaking all over. Shelby paced the floor and started crying. Then that got Merlin barking downstairs. All that noise made Kaci want to come out of her kennel so she started whining. UGH! I laid there in bed wondering 'WHY NOW?' Mother Nature must find this FUNNY!?!

I ended up going downstairs and putting Shelby in one of the kennels. She started barking but luckily after ignoring it a while she stopped. Then by close to 1:00am, the storm was finally moving on and I was able to get to sleep. But of course I woke up tired today and of course it was sunny and calm today. Grrr...

Anyway a week at college and my youngest has car trouble already. She can't get it to start. It bothered her some because I think she was thinking that she'll never get home again. But she is going to try to get it fixed tomorrow (possibly the battery). We were trying to figure out whether we got one for her car since getting it 2 1/2 years ago but with 4 vehicles in the family we just are not sure. I have all the receipts from the repair shop for her car, but sometimes hub went to the auto store to get batteries and those I don't have record of. Either way, she'll get it squared away. A little early for a lesson in dealing with having her car in college, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Time to relax...T G I F!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment