Thursday, September 24, 2009

~ Anniversary ~



I meant to write yesterday but had a lot of work to do so didn't get to this until now. Yesterday was our 10th year wedding anniversary. Originally the plan was ,(up until about a year ago when reality set in), to go back to Vegas where we tied the knot back in 1999. Instead, I lit the candle that I forgot to light at my daughter's engagement party in August while we ate macaroni, queso and cubed ham - a recipe we sort of created by accident. It was simple and we chatted a little about the past and the future and we toasted (with milk and beer -not combined), to ten more years times four.

Maybe we'll get back to Vegas some day. I am not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me though, we really don't do much of anything for any holidays or birthdays for each other, partly due to money issues but also due to not being materialistic as in years before. The need for new 'things' to junk up my house are just not tops on my list these days. I enjoy having an uncluttered house and uncluttered closet (which honestly could fit three times the amount of clothes it now has). I have a total of three purses and less than 6 pairs of shoes (most of which haven't been worn since we moved here).

I would rather try to strive for enough money to do a bigger project like our bathroom which really needs a remodel. :-)

----

It has been raining here the last several days which was badly needed. I was quickly reminded how muddy the floors get with 6 dogs who like to run along the fence chasing squirrels, deer or birds....ugh. The hardest part for me about this weather though is after having nearly record breaking 100 degree days (over 60 for the last few months), it is only 61 out right now! Brrrrr....quite an adjustment for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment