Sunday, September 13, 2009

Too much of a good thing..

Okay I'm all for the rain as we needed it so badly, but let's not try to make up for the 2 year drought in one weekend. Okay?! We have a creek behind our back yard that is way down an enbankment at least 15 feet but last night we could hear the rushing water and I actually was wondering if we were going to see it crest, or rather not see it crest overnight. It finally slowed down around 10 pm, luckily. Today when I was walking the dogs I saw at least two properties with the lawn sprinklers on. I'm sure those are on automatic timers but I just shook my head at the overkill those lawns were getting.

I've been enjoying watching the hummingbirds that hang around our feeder outside my office window. Yesterday with it pouring non-stop for hours, they were just having a good old time. One would go to the feeder and stand on the little perch and then another one would come and dive bomb it to make it get off then they'd both come back then another would join. At one time there were 4 of them flying, sitting, slirping nectar, chasing, flying away, then coming back to the feeder again. It was like kids who snuck out to play in the rain even though their mom said no and having a ball despite the downpour. I tried to take some pictures of them but of course none of them came out well enough. So I can't post a picture. You'll just have to believe me! :)

It was a working weekend but I did get to touch base with both kids. One is still having car trouble and the youngest is finding out about pop quizes in college. What fun! Off to relax a few hours before it all starts over again..

No comments:

Post a Comment