Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Well after searching around the Internet at the dealerships and Craigslist and everywhere else that gave me local listings, I saw it, the perfect car for my daughter~!

There were so many pluses that we went to see it last night and bought it today! Here are the pluses:

#1 It was a local listing on Craigslist, man I love Craigslist, and so was only 15 minutes away to go look at. This in itself was wonderful as I didn't want to spend Saturday going from place to place, dealership to dealership listening to a used car salesman asking me "What can I do to have you drive off in this beautiful car today?"

#2 It was a car still owned by its original owner. It is a 1992 Honda Accord but yes, all those years it was owned by one owner.

#3 It was garage kept and hardly ever driven by a nice grandmother who didn't drive anymore. So the body is still in great shape and has a lot of shine yet for a vehicle that old!

#4 Because it was hardly ever driven it had only 44,000 miles on it. That's not even broken in for a Honda! So that was enough for me. I may have paid more than book value at $4900 but with that low mileage with the right maintenance, it should last my daughter another possibly 7-10 years depending on how many miles she puts on it.

#5 By not spending $10,000 like I thought I would have to and getting into that much more debt, we can sell her old RAV and hopefully get $3000 for it so that my total net outlay may be only $1900...okay you can really tell I'm in a financial job can't you? :)

So..you're probably thinking why the Wacky Wednesday title? Seems it should say Wonderful Wednesday. Well when we went to the DMV today in town to finalize everything it was CLOSED for the entire day for training. I had never heard of it closing and apparently it only happens once a year if that but it would have to be today. That's Wacky!

We'll get the rest done tomorrow or the next day, but I am thrilled all the same. Now I can look forward to a relaxing weekend with the family and celebrate the 3 birthdays and wedding anniversary that is all packed into September!

No comments:

Post a Comment