Friday, September 11, 2009

T.G. I. F.

Guess what? It rained last night and it rained today. It rained and rained. We needed it really badly but it was too much too fast and some of the streets were flooding. I picked up my mom to meet my sister for lunch and thought I was on an obstacle course dodging deep puddles in the road as best I could. We got there in one piece but my mom, poor thing was soaked by the time we got in the restaurant, even with an umbrella! I told her to roll her window up! ;-) Just kidding (she got soaked just getting in and out of the car). At least we got some much needed rain. My hub called me and told me that he saw several frogs outside that were playing in puddles like kids having a ball in a swimming pool for the first time. Hm...wonder if that is where frog stroke came from? :)

We had a nice lunch and my sister was telling me about odd aches and pains she has been getting lately including a traveling bruise that she feels on different parts of her head at times. Weird thing is I get that too! I would think I feel a bruise and try to recall banging my head gettting into my car or something, but that did not happen. We were cracking ourselves up comparing our latest ailments with each other. It is probably all just part of getting older, like when I sit on the hard floor for a while and think nothing of it until I start to get up and then a sharp pain appears from nowhere in my back or legs because I am just plain getting older. It never used to bother me if I sat on the floor for a while and then got up. But I try to take it all in stride. That's life!

On a serious note, today is a day of remembrance of the tragic events of 9/11. I wonder how many were in a great mood celebrating their birthday on that fateful day like my youngest daughter was. She was handing out cupcakes to her classmates when the news hit her school. She turned 18 today. It took her a few years to not feel guilty for celebrating her birthday when everyone else was reflective and somber. But I told her, she was special and everyone deserves to celebrate the date they were born to this world. And so Happy Birthday dear daughter! Here's to many, many more!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks mommy:)

    Thought I'd post a comment about this cuz i thought it was a pretty good coincidence, but you posted it on 9/11 at 9:11pm.. OoOoO

    ReplyDelete