Monday, September 7, 2009

Gone again..

It sure was nice having my youngest here for the weekend. We sat in the livingroom while she told me about how her classes are, how the dorm food is, and about friendships starting to bud. While I listened to her stories, I couldn't help but reminisce about my own college days. I remember walking around to every room with an open door the first few days to say hi to whomever was there. I became less outgoing as the course load weighed heavy on my mind, but I did make friends with a lot of the girls who lived on my hall. Those girls were like 'family' since I lived so far away from home. Many nights of sitting around a bowl of popcorn laughing and talking were some of my best memories about college. I had the same roommate for 3 years in a row too, probably would have been 4 if she hadn't gone off to get married. :-)

I'm glad my daughter seems to get along with her roommate well so far. That makes college life so much easier. She sounded positive and upbeat and I'm sure she is going to be fine, partly because she can come home whenever she wants too. That was the hardest part for me in college, not being able to go back home until Thanksgiving. That was like forever to me back then. Funny thing is, I didn't realize just how homesick I was until I was home!

Anyway...she's coming back in a few weeks to celebrate with the family. We have 3 birthdays and an anniversary all in September. It will seem like a long two weeks to me I'm sure but at least I'll see her then. I'm hoping my other daughter and her fiance' can make it too. That would be enough birthday present for me! :)

I do hope everyone had a great weekend and made the most out of what most consider the last weekend of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment