Friday, June 14, 2019

Post #152.. 2019

Thank God it is Friday!  Not so much because of the work stress, but I just didn't get good quality sleep last night. It actually started Thursday night, when Bella the youngest and smallest of our furkids had bad poops in her kennel.  We thought we smelled something really bad and she was scratching at her bed trying to find a clean spot  When I was about to get up, she seemed to settle down so I let it go.  Then next morning I saw she had indeed messed up the cover of her bed pretty bad.  So that got promptly washed and although she did have one other sloppy poop episode later in the day I thought it would just pass.  She was acting fine otherwise, playing, eating as normal, etc.

So fast forward to last night.  I put a towel in her kennel just in case she was still going to have poop problems.  Sure enough right after midnight she had pooped  diarrhea and was scratching at the towel.  I felt bad about not doing anything for her the night before so I got up and cleaned it up and put a fresh towel in the kennel. She wanted to come out but that wasn't going to happen.  Who know where she would end up going then.  I was trying to get back to sleep and it seemed like I had not slept much at all when I heard what sounded like one of the dogs getting sick.  I assume it was her though I didn't put a light on. This was shortly after 2:00AM.  So I opened her kennel and let her out.  I wanted to see if maybe going outside would help in case she had to go again.  She did go out side and came in and got some water and I just decided to stay downstairs and let her sleep on the floor (she went behind a chair which is one of her favorite places).  I sat in the lazy boy and put the foot rest up and tried to get some rest.  I figured when hubby came downstairs at 4AM or so I would go back to bed.

Every time I started to doze off, Tika (who has to be wherever I am) started loudly chewing her paws, then I heard the water cooler making loud gurgling noises, then Bella got up and shifted to another position and her tags clanged on the floor.  It was actually comical when I think about it, but it was not a very restful night as I'm sure you get the picture by now.

Hubby came down a little before 4AM and then I went upstairs.  I was actually very surprised that my fitbit indicated that I actually got 6 hours sleep because I sure don't think so.  Maybe when you are lying still it just shows as 'light sleep'..who knows.

We only gave Bella a little scrambled eggs for breakfast and again some for dinner and I'm hoping tonight she'll be fine.  I have not seen her poop today to catch what it was like.  So I am really hoping when she goes in her kennel tonight with a freshly washed towel, that she will just sleep through .  She has been acting normal today, playing ,barking at people walking by, etc., so I am glad she doesn't seem to be really sick. And she hasn't had any diarrhea on her pee pads or all over the house or anything like that.  But if she has another rough night I will call the vet tomorrow morning and see about taking her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment