Friday, January 8, 2010

..Brrr...

It is 19 degrees out right now here in Central Texas and it may get down to close to single digits overnight which would be a record around here.

I have to write about what happened this morning as I am laughing about it now but wasn't this morning.

I was sitting here in my little office which I get to inside the garage where I work every day. I have a little space heater in here so it is nice and toasty in my office. I was drinking my coffee and had dug into work for a little while. I heard Molly (one of my dogs) outside barking at Merlin (another of my dogs) playfully.

As I sat here thinking.. "Oh that's nice they are out back playing and getting rid of some of the extra energy"... I said "Wait, if Molly is outside....that means...!!!!!"

...I dashed out of my office through the garage, into the kitchen and sure enough, the back door was WIDE OPEN!!! Talk about money going up the smokestack, mine was going out the back door in volumes!! I don't know how long that door was open but our poor heating systems was trying to get things back up to 68 and fighting a losing battle.

That one I can blame on my hub who didn't shut the back door. That door is one that you have to close until you hear it 'click'.

I don't know how long the freezing air was blowing in, but that was one time I was happy about Molly's bark!

No comments:

Post a Comment