Friday, January 22, 2010

Ramblings...

My oldest had her first experience buying a car for herself. What started out as excitement ended in frustration waiting over 2 hrs to find out about financing! Those places just don't care how long you have to wait! Next time she goes, if she is going to be still looking she needs to tell them she has less than an hour. So that can get them moving faster. I don't know how long they would have kept her just waiting there until they finally said something to her. She happened to call me and I suggested she not wait any longer. Although I am proud of her handling this herself, I do not want her to get 'taken' by any sleazy dealership either! I asked her to call me before she agrees to or signs anything! She didn't even have them down to a final price/warranty info before this financing thing and that bothered me! I don't want her to get roped into some stupid 20% loan either because they think they can pull something over on her. Being a parent and letting go is tough sometimes. She isn't going to get bamboozled though, not if I can help it!

I don't have work this weekend for the first time this year and it feels weird. I have plenty to do of course and it will be a welcomed break. I need to work on straightening out my office and work on the books and taxes. Hub and I saw a movie last weekend so I don't think we're going to go again so soon. Besides I am trying to keep tight reins on the money since the oldest is getting married in 2 months and I don't want to even get started on the whole car insurance thing.

After refusing to buy Domino's pizza for over 4 years, we decided to try it since they boast about having improved their pizza. The verdict? Not bad! I was actually more impressed that I expected. We took advantage of their 2 mediums with 2 toppings for $5.99 each deal. So guess we have our pizza place that we will order from every so often. I will still do the frozen for the most part as that is the frugal way to go.

Sorry these ramblings are going from one thing to the next but I just felt like writing whatever came to my mind and that is how this blog entry went. Going to relax and watch Criminal Minds with hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment