Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year...

I'm back...no I didn't go anywhere, but my laptop which is where I usually blog on in the evening, suddenly lost its wireless capabilities over a week ago and I just got wireless back. Turns out a virus which did get caught by my antivirus disabled my wireless before the quarantine was completed. Okay I didn't know THAT could happen. Oh well....I'm glad I got it back now.

I don't know how people can NOT stay up until midnight on New Years Eve to bring in the New Year. I guess it is such a tradition for me to watch the ball drop...otherwise it may be bad luck. Or if I miss staying up until midnight how will I know it really is a NEW year? I suppose I would know anyway but it just wouldn't feel right if I didn't witness it myself.

I think it is sad how Dick Clark sounds and looks since his stroke. I could barely understand the words coming out of his mouth and though I know that doing New Years Eve has been his thing for years, it is just sad that the stroke he suffered has changed him so. I remember for years on New Years Eve thinking that Dick Clark never ages. That stroke aged him though. I will respectfully sit and watch him as long as he continues to grace the screen, but I will always think of him as how he was when I used to watch American Band stand.

The New Year brings out a feeling of freshness to me..like a clean slate...like this year may be different than last...better, brighter, less stressful...you know what I mean.

I have been writing 2010 a lot both with my work and in writing checks and I suppose I am getting used to it. I wonder how many banks see checks dated January 2, 2009? Do they honor them? Maybe that is something to google some day when I have tons of time...yah right..

At least all the holiday reruns are finally over. For those of us who don't get a lot of entertainment outside of the tv remote, it was getting boring watching and rewatching Dirty Dancing, White Christmas and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It is so exciting to check the TV guide station and see the word New, next to the episodes again. :-)

I will be back to blog more often now that the holidays are over, especially after next week when my youngest goes back to college. Yes I have grown quite comfortable with her being here again and will have to go through the withdrawal of her being in college all over again. It has been great having here home. We've gotten a few movies in and plan on getting manicures this weekend before she heads back.

Hope everyone is having a good first week of the New Year..

No comments:

Post a Comment