Monday, December 30, 2013

2014 Resolutions?

Here comes that time of year again.  The time to think up some New Years Resolutions and see if I can stick by them, ha-ha.  I don't know if I'm going to make any that will really stick.  I know the ones like losing weight often fail, but I don't have that resolution.  I am very happy with my weight and fitness level. In fact sometimes I wonder if I may be a bit of an exercise junkie.  On the days that I don't walk at least a mile and a half or do my work out exercises, I feel listless and like a blob.  :)
I can't explain it any better than that.

After I banged my funny bone on the sink in the bathroom this morning I thought of the first one I should declare. I should resolve to stop hurting myself in stupid ways in 2014, like banging my elbows, knees or shins because I'm not paying attention or doing something too fast! Inflicting unnecessary pain is something I can do without!

Another resolution I should have is to not beat myself up (figuratively in order to abide by the first resolution) for not doing anything at times. I often feel like I must be doing something every day so that I don't feel like I wasted the day.  If I am not working, I feel like I have to be doing something...whether it be researching on the Internet, playing games on Goodsearch that earn pennies for my favorite charity or even the mundane such as cleaning.  But it is okay if I don't do anything except space out at times, and I need to accept that (sans guilt). The body and brain deserve and need down time to rejuvenate -- right? :)

I'll see  if I come up with ant others in the next day or so, but I'm not putting a lot of thought into it. I don't know if I really believe in resolutions anyway. Resolutions are an all or nothing kind of thing. I'd rather have goals and desires,  Those allow for a slip here and there.




No comments:

Post a Comment