Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday in the Square

Had a great day off today!  When the youngest finally got up and showered ;-), we were out the door before 1:00PM headed to the town square. I love going there as the shops are quaint and that great Thai restaurant is down there as well.  I originally was just going to just get some soup to have something light but decided to go ahead and order off their lunch menu. After all it is only $6.50 and includes the soup of the day!  We both had enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow too. 

They served hot and sour soup.  I had never had that before.  I don't really care for it because it is a bit TOO spicy hot for me and because of that it took a while for my Pad Thai to taste like it should.  Even though we did not eat until somewhere between 1:30 and 2:00, it was pretty crowded there, the most people we've ever seen in there.  It felt good for it to have more than one or two tables of people in there. Nice!

We strolled around the square and did some shopping too.  I used most of the gift certificate I got from the youngest too and got two scarfs from my favorite shop Hummingbird Hollow.  It is a cute shop with clothes and other novelties mostly for women.  It has very reasonable prices and many unique things.

I had to keep reminding myself today that it was not Saturday. :)

Tomorrow we are planning to see the new Hobbit movie I think.  There is something about seeing a movie with good special effects on a big screen with a bag of popcorn.  Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment