Thursday, December 26, 2013

Vacation

Christmas is over but I had off today and also do tomorrow so it is great to be on vacation!

Being off I have been watching some morning television like the Today show and noticed that nearly all of the women on the show are wearing sleeveless dresses!  Hey ladies!  It is WINTER!  I haven't thought about wearing a sleeveless dress in months at this point.  I wonder why they wear sleeveless dresses when it is wintertime.  We're talking areas like NYC, not somewhere hot like southern Florida either.  My youngest had a theory that maybe the studios are hot with all the lighting, but I don't buy that because the men all have shirts/ties and sport coats or suits on and they don't look a bit overheated.  No sweat can be seen on any of them ever.  I suppose everyone can wear whatever they like no matter the time of year but I just find it really odd to be wearing sleeveless dresses in winter.  I guess that is no stranger than seeing guys wearing shorts, even when it is in the 30's outside.  Who knows.

This evening we made crab stuffed mushrooms (Red Lobster's recipe according to the email) which were good but I noticed way after eating them, that the sautéed celery and onion never got added (that I was cooling in the fridge). Darn!  I hate when that happens!  I saved them for when we have stir fry which will probably be Saturday as tomorrow is usually pizza night.

I just watched the women of SNL on TV and there were some nice classic comedy skits that they showed including ones with Gilda Radner and  Jane Curtin. I like most of those older ones vs the newer casts with the exception of Tina Fey and Kristen Wiig.  Even those two are not on the regular cast anymore now that I think of it.  I still watch it, mostly for the hosts that are on it, but usually can't stay awake through the whole show anyway these days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment