Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Court

Today I had to appear in court for my dad's probate hearing.  I had to park way down the street and walked very fast to the court house as I didn't allow that much extra time for parking 5 miles away.  Okay it wasn't 5 miles but it felt like it.

I forgot that the courthouses have the metal detector things you have to walk through snd the conveyor belt for purses. So that added a little bit more time.  Then I was trying to find the room to go to. There was a LED listing that scrolled down (think airline flight schedules), and I found his name and determined I needed to be on the 2nd floor but didn't know which court room on that floor. So more fumbling until I asked someone. Anyway I finally got there at 9:00AM exactly. My attorney had just gotten there himself as there was an accident on the road that he takes to come up to town.

Anyway we got this step done and out of the way. There are more steps to it but this is the only time I have to appear in court.  All in all it took an hour and a half which I made up for at work but also worked late and just got done.  It has felt like a long day, probably because it was, starting with my 6:15AM wake up call to walk.  It was wet this morning but not raining so I walked and also walked Molly as it was her turn. The lady that runs with the large black lab actually was running early as she passed me on my first (solo) walk. Her dog didn't seem phased by me so I was happy about that and equally happy I didn't need to worry about her passing by the time I was walking Molly. Had I known I'd be walking to and from the court house I could have walked that much less this morning! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment