Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thursday Eve'

Not working tonight but I wanted to share what I had last night that got me through the rest of my evening yesterday.
Just the thing I needed. :-)  

This morning we were to have someone come and give us an estimate for removing the big tree at the end of the driveway.  It has been bringing up the driveway as well as the curbing along the street next to the driveway.  It also has been dying, from I'm guessing oak wilt. It was already moving the sidewalk some when we moved in, but it had gotten to the point of making a noticeable bump when pulling into the driveway and make a wide gap in the curbing at the end of the driveway apron.  After nearly 11 years it was time to do something about this tree before the city notified us that it was starting to affect the street.

This company was not the same guy we used before who did a good job of removing 3 small trees in the back but I didn't feel comfortable with him tackling a huge tree that was probably near underground water lines and such.

So back to this morning. This man were suppose to come at 9:00AM and in typical fashion in these parts, it was 9:15AM and no show.  I told hubby we should call 6 tree removal companies and whomever showed up ON TIME pick from one of them or select them if there was only one.  It is unreal how no one respects time around here. Hubby had to get ready to go to the shop and I was already working (and still in my exercise attire so I wasn't about to answer the door).

A few minutes later the phone rang. The person said they were at our house but they were not. I called the number and left a message to just reschedule it. Long story short they were down the street.  I was not impressed at this point.  Our house number is clearly on the front curb, on our house and even on both sides of the driveway.  The guy apologized to hubby and anyway, I figured my hubby was going to tell him FORGET IT. But instead he came right back inside and said that they could do the job this afternoon and at a great price (from what I was guesstimating).  They already were working on a job down the street and could come back around 2:30 or so.  I was thinking yes, it will probably be close to 5:00PM.

They got here at 2:40PM and were done before 5:00PM. They worked as a well-oiled (machine) team, and effortlessly climbed the tree, removed limbs, cut up, placed in the truck.  There were I think 5 of them (Mexicans - whom really are some of the hardest workers I have seen).  They did a wonderful job and you wouldn't even know they were here as there was no debris left at all and they got the trunk cut down level to the ground.

Here's a before and after picture I took through the front door window.  You can see a guy climbing the tree in the first one.


Doesn't the after picture look spectacular? :)   Now we still need to get someone out to fix the driveway. There was a man who did a great job cementing a portion of the lower side of our hose a few years ago.  I'm going to see if I can locate his contact information. 

Well I'm stopping here for the night.  After posting that picture of the ice cream I want some tonight too. This time I'm going to drizzle it with Kahlua too.  Yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment