Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Two sides to every story

First of all, hubby bought me a new fruit to try out - a Mexican Papaya.  Interesting huh?!   I ate it just like cantaloupe. I removed the seed and then sliced up some pieces.  I would say it is the same consistency as cantaloupe but not as sweet.  I have quite a bit left over and will eat it over the next few days.

I wanted to share something that happened to hubby today.  You know how there is the news story about the Gorilla who was shot after the 3 year old boy fell into the moat where the Gorilla(s) were in a zoo?  There are many who are mad that the Gorilla was killed and there are many who blame the parents and think they should be arrested.  Well you know what?  Things happen. It is very hard to keep a hand on a curious child.  I know this for a fact as there was more than one time I lost track of at least my oldest (she was a very sly child).  The best decision was made to save that little boy in the fastest time possible.  I don't blame the mother nor the zoo keepers (although they could put up more secure fencing - like chicken wire from the ground UP so that a little kid could not crawl through).  But anyway there has been lots of controversy resulting from this incident and different sides taken.

Today hubby was waiting in traffic down the street when the car in front of him did not move forward when the car in front of him pulled away.  He didn't know what the guy was doing but the next thing he knew the old man was out of his car walking toward  hubby's truck but his car must have been in neutral because it drifted ever so slowly backward and tapped the front of hubby's truck (no damage luckily). My hubby got out of his truck and asked the guy what he was doing. The old man seemed somewhat confused and said he was trying to decide where to go. Hubby guesses he was in his 80's. He told the man that his car just tapped his truck.  The man thought that hubby had backed into him (which was impossible anyway because hubby was behind him).  He assured the man that HE had hit him.

Then he asked the man if he wanted him to call the police. The old man did not want hubby to call, so then hubby told him then you have to move (there were like 6 cars behind them at this point waiting to go down the road).  Now my hubby talks rather loudly (he just always does because he is partly deaf in one ear).  Just when he was telling the man that he has to move then, this man coming from the other way yelled out his window to hubby to stop picking on that poor old man.  He shouted to my hubby that he had something for him and to stay there.  My hubby does not back down easily so he stood there and the man parked his car in a nearby lot and walked over to him yelling that he should be ashamed of himself, etc.  He basically walked away after that (hubby was bracing for a brawl).  My husband did try to tell him that the man's car hit HIS TRUCK, but this jerk didn't want to listen to what really happened.  So here's an example of another side of the story from someone who just saw a man talking loudly to an old man (and so this man thought he was coming to the old man's rescue).  He even shouted to the people behind my hubby for support like can they believe that my hubby was treating this old man like that.  He should have just minded his own business.He did not have any of the facts as to what really happened and just drew his own conclusions and actions.  I'm just glad the something he had wasn't a gun or other weapon.  You never know in this state!

No comments:

Post a Comment