Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Battle of the Boyne Day

I don't know what that is other than it is what today is on my calendar with (Northern Ireland) after it. So it may be something those in Northern Ireland pay tribute to.  I'm sort of surprised it is on a US calendar, well I am guessing it is a US Calendar as it was picked up at Georgetown Farm Supply.

Hubby is going to try to see a doctor today (he's going to call my mom's family doctor and whom I've gone to a few times). I hope he can get in today because his rash is back even though he is still taking prednisone (he's at 1 pill/day for today and tomorrow and his chest pains (stomach?) are still coming off an on too. He is a mess and I'm just hoping they can get to the bottom of it.  There must be some reason why he broke out in bumps all over!  And the fact that it only subsides with prednisone and doesn't go away completely is actually alarming to me.  He said it never totally went away either because his palms are still red and itchy and that symptom never did go away.  I just hope the doctor can see him and more importantly help him! 

Yesterday he was showing a lot of anger (also side affect of prednisone) and it was like Jekyll and Hyde although Jekyll didn't show himself all that much.  LOL.

I try to concentrate on work but it is distracting that he is having so many issues.  I don't really see how it could have been a 'bug' bite that just spread, because to me the prednisone should have just knocked it out completely. The dermatologists had no clue, took a bunch of blood work and 2 biopsies and said that everything was normal. Although I don't know that he actually heard about the biopsies. We'll see.  I don't care if he even has to get a bunch of tests at the hospital.  I know they wouldn't all be covered by insurance but at this point, someone needs to get to the bottom of what is going on.  I've read a bunch of stuff on the Internet about some folks having to take prednisone long term. That isn't going to happen with hub. That is nasty stuff for him!  We're both just wondering if there is something internally wrong (immune system or something) that is the cause of these break outs.

Well enough playing 'doctor. I'm off to start my work day.  It is going to be another hot one.  Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment