Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday morning

I have a few minutes before I have to get to work. I wanted to mention how my walks for the last week or so have been strange.  Well the walks themselves weren't strange, it is just that I noticed this nice lady whom I usually see walking every day has not been walking. I usually cross paths with her at some point in my walk.  She usually has one or two other people walking with her as she is just a friendly neighbor that likes to walk. A lot.  A few times we were in sync and I've had the pleasure of walking with her and I asked her how much she walks.  She said about 5-6 miles!  She has got to be in her early 70's I would guess and I was so impressed as to how much she walks!  Makes my 2 1/2 miles or so seem meager.  :)

I noticed there have been less people overall walking this past week or so likely because of her absence too. Guess we know who the diehard walkers are that don't mine going it alone. :)

Yesterday I saw a gentleman walking about 10 paces behind me that I knew walked with her sometimes. I turned around and asked him if he knows where she is.  He gave me the scoop.  She had a bunion operated on that has been bothering her for years!  Apparently it was a major undertaking as she had other toes straightened (?) which had gotten altered by years of the bunion growth.  Suddenly I was in awe of this woman!  So she has been walking at least 5 miles, from best I can tell daily, at her age and with a horrible bunion !!  Wow!

It will be some time before she is walking again I'm pretty sure but at least that mystery is solved.  I was really hoping nothing really bad happened to her. Hope she heals fast as I'm sure she really wants to get back to walking.  

Well that's it for now....off to work

No comments:

Post a Comment