Friday, July 22, 2016

Dry grass

We'll we are getting spotty areas of drought already.  Yes even though we got a ton of rain this year which practically stopped abruptly in early June. I have been running the sprinklers a few times a week.  And the fact that we have a sprinkler system doesn't make me rich, nor do I live in a fancy house.  It is just that more homes than not have sprinkler systems here in Texas at least around 'these here parts'. :)

Anyway I was wondering why the left front looked nearly the color of straw and I found out this morning when I was starting my walk. It only was on for about 3 minutes, whereas they are set for 15 minutes or so each station.  The others seem to be fine but not that one. So after I got back from walking Ditzy (my 2nd walk), I started the front up again and manually pushed it for 20 minutes.  The timer had 72 which I'm guessing now means 72 seconds?.  I'm not that savvy on this system so I'll do that each time I start them, just make the first station longer.

I have to go to corporate next week for a few days.  I am not sure the purpose other than to reconnect with everyone. There is some management that I had not met face to face before either.  I just do not like the 3+ hour drive but it is what it is.  It would be stupid (and more stressful to me) to fly since it takes about an hour to get to the airport and then have to get there 2 hours early for security, and there goes my 3 hours when I could be at my destination.  Going in the dead of summer will be no picnic either as it has been getting at or near 100 degrees every day.  But hey, I didn't pick the timing. :)

Gotta get to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment