Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Road trip!

Well I'm here in Dallas for work.  I left around 1PM and got here by a little after 4PM so it wasn't too bad.  The only scary part was when I was on I-20, there was a severe rain storm up ahead and it was really coming down hard at one point.  I stayed on the road and just slowed down to about 45 mph.  It was foolish to go any higher than that.  I got through that area okay although one car started coming into my lane by about a foot or more and I slowed down to make sure I stayed clear of them.  I couldn't totally fault them because as I said it was coming down hard.  I had my windshield wipers all the way up and still could hardly see.  I finally drove out of it a few miles up the road.  It didn't get bad any more after that although the sky looked threatening for a while.  I kept scanning the temperature on the way up. The range was from 96 degrees to 102 degrees (outside).  It was probably lower too through the rain storm but quite frankly I wasn't concerned with the temperature right then!

Hubby is taking care of my mom's dinner - he is such a sweetie pie!!  And he's also taking care of the furkids of course.  Instead of sneaking out, I made sure I said goodbye to each dog.  I especially took Tika's face in my hands and gave her a kiss on her nose.  She really misses me a lot when I'm gone.

I had a nice dinner at the hotel here and now I am going to relax for the rest of the evening.  A few other co-workers are due in but not until 7:30-8:30PM or so.  I am not sure if I'll hear from either of them this evening but I am the one driving over to the office tomorrow morning since I'm the one with a car.  I hope to have a great day tomorrow!  There are a lot of people I don't know and it would be nice to be able to put a face with a name.  I'm sure there are some who would like to meet me too.

I might read some this evening too as I brought the last book (so far) in the Fever series with me - Burned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment