Saturday, July 30, 2016

Getting back...

I'm getting back to my old self  I got up and took a walk this morning.  I hadn't done anything in the way of exercise since Wednesday.  It is also strange for me to sleep in a strange bed and such and of course the 3 hour drive there and back is never fun.  There is always some sort of construction going on, on the highway. Today eating breakfast at my normal time with my apples was good. While away at training I forced myself to eat breakfast at 7:00AM on Thursday morning and the hotel had a nice breakfast buffet spread but I really was not hungry yet.  I like to eat breakfast around 10:00AM.  Friday I skipped breakfast at the hotel and took a small box of Special K that I had taken the previous morning and a banana that I had also taken.  I ate them at my 'desk' at 10:00AM on Friday which worked out nicely because when I left at noon to head home I did not have any lunch ) because I wanted to get on the road ) and wasn't too hungry on the way home. 

Thursday evening, my fellow remote co-workers and I had just gotten back from dinner and although I knew the hotel was called Westin at DFW for a reason, I didn't realize that the planes flew directly over our hotel which is a high rise (15 floors I think).  Suddenly a plane was headed straight for our hotel and I thought for certain it was going to crash into the upper floors. It was quite the sight.  Nope. It went right over top.  Then another plane came a few minutes later and did the same thing. I was in awe.  A man near by saw me looking up and told me I should go up to the pool on the rooftop. There's a pool on the rooftop?  Didn't know that. But I was too frightened to do that, although I was tempted.  I mean the plane looked like it was within inches of the rooftop although I'm sure it was more than that.  Maybe next time I'll be brave. But I'm in no hurry to go back up there any time soon - mostly because of the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment