Friday, June 30, 2017

Half way over

It is hard to believe this year is half way over already!
Time flies.

Yesterday and today I took off from work to take a little break from all the stuff I've been going through while continuing to trudge on with my work days.  We were going to go antiquing and get lunch out somewhere nice and check out a few other places I wanted to go to that I have not gotten to see yet. 

BUT instead, I was barely up and drinking my coffee (as I had given myself the day off from exercising too), and the phone rang.  It was my real estate agent for moms house.  The buyers had gotten an inspection and there were several items on it. The windows all had broken seals (so that some were not totally clear in the center) which often happens with 20 year old windows.  I knew when I was going around cleaning each and every one that this was occurring in some but to me it was not a huge deal. The buyer wanted to drop the price some to cover resealing the windows.  If that wasn't enough a new roof was being requested as the roof was at the end of its life.

Here is where I was very disappointed with the realtor.  She started trying to contact roofers to get estimates and said we may even be able to get insurance involved as there looks like some previous damage from a hail storm.  I could tell my day was not going to go as planned and I was really mad.

I also had to try to get a Trust savings account for my mom so I went to a credit union as I heard they are always so friendly and down home and I figured they'd never go fully automated.  After wasting over an hour there it turns out they have specific bylaws and since my mom was not a member (and is in a nursing home so couldn't exactly run over there and open one), they couldn't help me.  I ended up going back to our bank and just taking care of things there.  All in all it took me 2 hours.

When I got home, I told my hubby we should at least go out to lunch. After we got back I decided we were not going to do a thing about that roof. The buyer could get their own new roof after closing and if they didn't want the house, we'd take the house off the market, get the roof repaired and relist it at a higher price!  I told the realtor this was our counter (and was not happy that she didn't even tell ME about this option in the morning instead of scrambling to find roofers, etc., as if we HAD to replace the roof).  She presented my counter and it was accepted.  So I am so glad I thought of doing what we did.  I did accept the drop for the windows but that was it.  So we'll see if everything goes smoothly from now on.  I sure hope so! Shame on her and her 40 years experience for NOT telling me I could always opt out of even getting a new roof this morning!

Today the youngest came to visit for the weekend and to also get something fixed on her car that was a defect.  We visited my mom who is doing so-so.  She is lucid and eating some pureed food, but cannot move her legs or stand,etc.  So she is bedridden.  One day at a time.

Then we had lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant and came back and got caught up with things.  Today has been much nicer than yesterday, thankfully!!

And I still have the weekend to look forward to.  Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment