Saturday, June 10, 2017

Tired but happy!

Started out early this morning working on mom's house cleaning it up. It is fantastic having air conditioning in there finally!!  The central air got replaced yesterday. The same company also was willing to install the replacement microwave for us which was a blessing.  We were scrambling to try to get someone to put the microwave in. So glad they could do it.  It is not just a small microwave oven. It got installed above the stove with brackets and a vent, etc. Way more involved than what I thought.  The old microwave although hardly used, had a broken handle so we had picked up a new one to replace it.

I had a hair appointment at 10AM but up until then was mainly working on touching up nail holes and marks on the walls with a paint that was an excellent match to the paint on the walls. The walls look pretty dang good!  

Then I got a hair cut which was a nice relaxing break from the cleaning. Then I went home from there to get breakfast and check in on mom.  All was well and I got a little food in me, fueled up for Round Two. :0)

Then I went over (hubby was there each time with me too) and cleaned up the windows in one bedroom and the baseboards throughout the rest of the house.  We also got the large kitchen light fixture clean (had not had the plastic covering removed in years and there was dust/bugs in there). Now it is all clean.

We left by mid afternoon and then I had laundry to do. I was tired but feeling pretty satisfied with what we got done today.  Hubby also polished up the kitchen cabinets.

Tomorrow is the rest of the windows, kitchen floor and stove and the two bathrooms.  I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment