Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday turkey day


The smell of a turkey breast in the crock pot is wafting into the living room.  Yum!  I worked up a pretty good appetite today too.

First it was exercise day, then I got my work done this morning.  After that I changed into painting clothes and over to mom's to paint the back porch.  The 'handyman' who did the job NEVER painted the bottom row of wood.  Why I have no clue.  Another reason I will hesitate to ever contact a handyman again.  If you look at this picture closely, it shows the unpainted bottom row of wood.

I painted that bottom (twice) and the entire rest of the inside of the porch.  There were areas with tiny nail holes, and some streaks where you could see the bare wood underneath, so it really needed a 2nd coat.  Hubby put dap in a lot of spots/gaps too a few days ago.   So I can finally say now that it looks pretty nice.   After painting we picked up lunch from Wendy's. I was in the mood for their taco salad. 
Then home, shower to get the paint off and then to Home Depot.  We got a toilet, faucet set and a rug for the back porch (which we'll wait on placing there until the house is officially listed).  The store parking lot had a lot of cars and hubby was thinking it would be a nightmare but we got in and out of there pretty nicely and didn't have to wait in line at all.

Now it is just relax time and wait for the turkey to finish cooking.  I LOVE crock pots!




No comments:

Post a Comment