Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Times are a changing...

Hubby went to our bank yesterday to try to deposit a minor check into my moms trust account.  Well not sure about your bank but ours has changed.  Everything is automated now.  We have to use an ATM machine in order to deposit anything.  No more taking a paper check in front of a teller.  And each account needs its own ATM or debit card.  Well I never got one of those for that account so I'm looking around for a new bank to go to.  I get that we have to keep up with the times, but seriously? That means doing away with the personal one on one service?  That is nuts and I think our bank will lose a lot of customers because of it, at least a lot of baby boomers and there's lots of us out there!

We also were considering getting a new shed and we were looking around Tuff Shed's website to price out a simple shed that we were thinking about getting.  I saved the quote and it was also sent to my email.  Yesterday I got a call from one of their reps who asked me if I had any questions.  I did.  I asked him if they can break down and haul away the old one for a price?  Oh no..they don't do that. He could give me a name of someone who could though.  Hmm... Okay so what is involved as in how long does it take to get a new one?  Well first you need a permit?.. What?  A permit to replace a shed? Something that is not going to have electricity or anything?  Just a glorified box to hold stuff?  Yes.  "Click"...that was me hanging up the phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment