Thursday, October 1, 2009

~ Breast Cancer Awareness Month ~

This is an important month and one that I try to do everything I can to honor breast cancer survivors which include my own older sister who is a survivor of stage 3 breast cancer that included mastectomy, chemo and radiation treatments. That was over 5 years ago and she is doing well!

I always collect the pink Yoplait lids which when sent in contribute 10 cents per lid to Susan G Komen charity which is just one cancer curing cause out there. I already have 6 lids saved and it is only October 1st! Go me! :)

Last month hub got a post card coupon from a local Italian Restaurant for buy one get one entree (up to $14) free during his birthday month. We decided to use it last night as that was the last day of his birthday month (mine too). The dinner was good. My hub loved the Lobster Ravioli he had and my meal was tasty too. I was shocked when we got the dinner bill though as we each had ONE draft lager beer and the total was $10 for drinks! Cripes! We could have bought a case of domestic beer for that price! Lesson learned. When we go back, which I'm sure we will, I'm getting WATER, and no, not the bottled kind which is probably $5.00 too!

Well, we may be dealing with more sleepless nights ahead as there is a forecast for overnight rain the next few days. My hub jokingly said maybe we should give the dogs the Advil PM. :)

Good news! My youngest is coming home for the weekend again. Yay! She is not driving this time so she won't have to do that part. I'm sure it will be laundry weekend too.

Gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment