Friday, October 9, 2009

We lucked out....

...the rain didn't hit really hard here until 5:00AM so we were able to sleep soundly until then before the dogs started getting upset. That is much better than being awaken at 1:00AM or 2:00AM! My hub got up with the dogs and I was able to get back to sleep so that was nice. The temperature dropped about 30 degrees too from midnight to daybreak. Yesterday it was humid and today I wore layers! :) Go figure. That is one thing that is interesting about being in Texas - the huge temperature swings are incredible!

My oldest called today...seems we're singing the timing belt blues again...This is for the new old car that I got for her. She was getting an alignment done today which was about the last thing that we all thought it needed when the mechanic highly recommended getting the timing belt replaced since the car was 17 years old. He also saw what he thought was oil on it. There wasn't time to get it done today but she will be getting it done in the next week or two. We'd hate to take the chance on it. We just went through with the timing belt replacement on her RAV before she came down. Oh well, it is always something!

Fridays are lunch with mom day. She doesn't get out much and she enjoys getting together for lunch out. I told her about having gone to the doctor finally and telling her my blood tests showed all levels were normal. I didn't get cholesterol or blood sugar results though. They weren't part of the CBC blood testing they did. She thought I should get tested for that too. I figured the doctor I went to would test for everything but I told mom I wasn't going to go back and get another test any time soon. She goes to the doctor quite often at her age, but not me. If it weren't for the woman related tests that I do get annually, well every year and a half, I would have no need to go to a doctor. I'm not bragging, it is just that I pay my dues every time I exercise like I have been doing for 30 years and eat healthy, etc. I strive to maintain good health and acceptable weight...just so I do not have to frequent a doctor, which is fine by me.

The weekend is going to be busy with work again ,but that is just fine with me, end of year taxes and holidays will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment