Monday, October 12, 2009

Faucet Fixed

I am happy to report that hub got the faucet changed all by himself. His buddy arrived right when he was tightening the last do-hickey (whatever it is called). :) There were a few times when I thought he was going to pound a hole through the wall into my office and one time when I heard water running that didn't sound like it was going down any drain.

The best part was when I walked by to get something from the fridge and glanced over to see his belly wedged between the cabinet divider underneath the sink and the end of the cabinet. I didn't know if I was going to have to get the jaws of life to pull him out. I would have taken a picture and posted it if I thought I could have gotten away with it! tee-hee.

So finally after I don't know how many weeks, we no longer have a leaky faucet in the powder room. The new spigot is nice, shiny and new...and makes the rest of the powder room look very old. I can't give that a second thought though. That is not a project that I even can begin to think about.

I have to say I spent some time yesterday watching some of those "Get it Sold" shows on cable tv. Some of the creative things they do to make a house appealing are wonderful! It has got me thinking about our house and a few things I want to do within the next year or so. I want to paint our kitchen cabinets a light color - maybe even as bright as off-white. Nothing is going to get done soon but it is exciting to think about it and how much brighter it will make our varnished wood cabinet filled kitchen.

I was searching around for a snack this afternoon and saw one serving left of chocolate instant pudding that my daughter must have gotten or asked me to get at the store once. It was really easy to make and really good! I'm not trying to sound like a commercial but I just had never had it before. Now I'm going to be adding that to my grocery list. I don't usually like pudding probably because all my mom made when I was growing up was Tapioca pudding and I hated the lumps. So for me this was a biggie! :)

I know I know....so easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment