Friday, October 2, 2009

Stopping by...

to blog for a few minutes. My youngest is here this weekend, again! "I KNOW!!!" (said like Craig Ferguson). This makes 3 times this semester already. This time was not really planned though. Her boyfriend and his roomie were coming home for the weekend anyway so she came too. I know I said I wasn't going to write when she was around but she is out right now so this doesn't count. :)

Got a chance to do some singing today while working. Whenever I'm feeling sort of blah, that is always such a pick-me-up. I LOVE to sing! We all have something we love to do or at least like a lot that is the one thing that can always make up feel happy, carefree and content. I need to do it more often when I feel like I really don't want to bother singing, because I'm never sorry I did afterwards.

It is finally starting to cool around here. After a sweltering summer it is a welcomed change, even for me who tends to love whenever the temperature is 80 degrees or more. I see the neighbors across the street have some Halloween decorations out. I haven't really bothered with decorations except for Christmas for the last several years. I guess I'm getting lazy in my 'middle age'. At least I'm not as bad as the folks who keep their lights off on Halloween and do not give out candy! I used to hate those folks as a kid. We'd ring and ring the doorbells just to annoy people that turned their lights out. So I vow to always answer the door and give out candy until I get too old to make it to the door before the kids leave. When that time comes, I'll just leave a candy bowl outside the door. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment