Monday, October 19, 2009

Daylight fading...

I miss the daylight!...That is one of the many things I love about the summer season, the fact that it stays light out until after 9:00PM. It is so nice being able to feed the dogs, make dinner, do the dishes, and still be able to sit on the back porch and watch the sun as it slowly sets below the horizon.

Now that it is October, it is nearly dark by the time I am starting the dishes. That's depressing. I'll deal with it as I do every year about this time and just be glad at least that I don't have to get even further depressed about a harsh winter coming, now that I'm no longer living in eastern Pennsylvania. I am so glad that I do not have to face a white-knuckling drive on ice anytime soon! :)

I did my grocery shopping today for the next 3 weeks again. I went ahead and purchased 2 more reusable grocery bags that are pink in honor of breast cancer awareness month. These bags have a plastic lining which makes it a lot easier to get the groceries in, rather than the canvas ones they first came out with. Even with these additional bags, they did have to use some plastic...it would have been a lot more if I had let the old man doing the bagging have his way. He was putting one or two things in a plastic bag and I insisted he put more in them. I didn't care what all went in what bag. It is very annoying. I am trying to not use any plastic bags, and to see one or two items get put in a bag! ARGH! Anyway, it is done for another 3 weeks and I saved over $12.00 in coupons. I've noticed too that shopping this way does save me quite a bit. When I compare it to what I spent each week before, it is saving me about $90-$100 total every 3 weeks. Now this maybe partly due to my youngest being at college, but I'll take it no matter what the reason.

Halloween is just around the corner and I got my bag of candy corn like I do every year. Oh not it is not to hand out, it is for me! I really don't each much candy in general anymore but on occasion I do indulge and when I see the candy corn out for Trick or Treat I decide to Treat myself. :)

Enough rambling for now...off to watch Miami Vice...

No comments:

Post a Comment