Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ever crock pot?..

I do!  I love using a crock pot and use it whenever I possibly can!

Today I noticed that I had some cauliflower and bok choy that was getting pretty old. It was either have it or chuck it.  So I decided to cut it up and put it in the crock pot to have as my veges with dinner (we were also having tater tots), but I prefer a more healthy vegetable, especially when having breaded shrimp which is already..'breaded'.  My hub asked me what I was making.  Was it caulibok?  Or was it choyflower?  :-)

Frankly I didn't care what it was called, all I knew was I was using up some vegetables and eating something healthy!  Did you know that one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat are Bok Choy with Shitake mushrooms?  I started out with that last week but only had Bok Choy left this week. Bok Choy (which I first heard about on that show Dr Oz), contains cancer fighting compounds and shitake mushrooms are packed with vitamins and minerals and also I've read protect against cardiovascular disease.

I got the cauliflower last week because it was on sale for 99 cents a head and that was too good a price to pass up. So just by chopping them up along with the Bok Choy and throwing them in my crock pot with a little olive oil and a smidgen of water, I got a healthy veggie to eat with my not as healthy breaded shrimp.  Hey at least the shrimp were cooked in the oven and NOT deep fried. :-)

Got some great news last night! The oldest is coming for a visit the end of next month!  WOO HOO! This is the one that moved back east last August. It will be great to see her since we haven't seen her since then.  She has decided she loves being back 'home' (PA), so I wasn't sure when we would see her again. I was hoping for Christmas but she let me know it would be much sooner.  Something to look forward to next month!

Well I think it is a popcorn kind of night!  Something else to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment