Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wednesday 'eve

One of our dogs Merlin, does something so cute!  Whenever he hears a firetruck or ambulance siren (the kind that get higher pitched as it goes, then down again), he howls.  It is so funny.  He seems to be chiming in to get the word out.  Sure makes me smile when I hear him.

Tomorrow is hump day already! It was beautiful out today again and I walked to my mom's for a visit. I just love when the sky is blue as far as the eye can see.  Did a lot of walking yesterday too, with the dogs.  We saw a dead snake. Hubby thinks it was a copperhead.  Either way, I was startled the first time I saw it. That is something that reminds me that I am in Texas.  I never saw a snake like that out in the open back in PA.
At least it was a dead one.

My mom is getting rid of some old cookbooks so she asked me if I wanted to go through them. I am taking some for me and some for the girls to see if they want any.  There were a few that were quite old and still with bookmarks in them. I will have to see what I can come up with and try to make one new meal a week - that my husband will actually eat. That is the biggest challenge.  The lists of foods he eats is very short.  But there is bound to be a few good meals that contain all ingredients he likes.  So will be looking through them this weekend.

I am going to plant some new seeds this weekend too.  I got the seeds at the Dollar Store for .25 cents a pack!  So sometimes things are even Less than a dollar there!  I do not go there very often but should go every so often as there are some decent things there at a good price.  ;-)

Weekend hurry up and get here!...




No comments:

Post a Comment