Friday, April 20, 2012

In Memory of Shelby

I was looking through some photos that I have and came across this one of our lovely Shelby who went to heaven over 2 years ago already...she was such a beautiful loving dog..

Shelby came to us from Georgia, she was rescued by a wonderful woman who did some sheltie rescue and accepted her because her family no longer wanted her since they had a new real baby and no longer wanted her. We adopted her and flew her from Georgia to be with us.

She had some wonderful times and some I wish had never happened, like the time she was brutally attacked by a chocolate lab a few years after we got her.  She was a trooper and survived that. She was content and carefree most of the time...except when it stormed outside...she would shake and whine and I tried my best to comfort her. I don't know why some dogs are afraid of storms and others could care less.  Obi didn't like storms either. I take comfort believing that they are both in heaven where there is nothing but sunshine 24/7. 

When she got diabetes she started going down hill from there. She lost weight and her arthritis got worse. She was almost completely blind. She started stumbling down stairs too. So we decided to let her go... Sweet Shelby...I still miss her from time to time.





No comments:

Post a Comment