Saturday, April 21, 2012

Garage Sale Volunteer Day

Today was the local animal shelter's annual garage sale and hubby and I volunteered to help.  We got there in plenty of time to help make the coffee and straighten out tables. It looked like hardly anything sold yesterday by the way the tables were full, but we heard that a lot sold yesterday!!  That was great news!

It started out a little slowly this morning with not many people coming but by 10:00am or so there were several people coming and going. Hubby was great as he always is, at organizing tables and consolidating. Between that and helping folks carry out their treasures, he was kept pretty busy.

I was helping with the donuts and coffee and stole some time to look around myself.  One side of the room had everything at 50% off. Hubby and I both saw this nice buffet I guess you would call it, with drawers that curved and was very ornate. It was only $50, so we got it.  We rearranged the living room and here is a picture.  On the wall in the center is a wall hanging we also got which goes along well with our mostly country style home.


Since we moved one of the couches to the back of the room, it actually looks bigger than it did before and we love our new piece of furniture...and what a bargain! 

I also picked up some things for my youngest that she can use when she becomes a teacher, including some awesome stamps (dragon, bunny, etc). We also got a few other treasures and I got a whole box of paperback books for my oldest who loves to read.  I hope she likes the selection I picked.

So overall we had a great day; volunteered for a good cause, and got some goodies to boot!

Now to relax and rest our weary bodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment