Saturday, April 14, 2012

Stormy days...

I hope everyone in the Oklahoma/Kansas tornado area stay safe this weekend. It is suppose to be a bad weekend there!  We should be okay being in the central part of Texas although the threat of rain loomed heavy in the clouds all day.  A drop here or there is all we got (so far).

Hubby and I volunteered today for the town's animal shelter who had a trailer set up at a Market Day event in the town square. We each took care of one of the dogs up for adoption.  I had a Chihuahua/German shepherd mix. Yup, you read that right.  It really looked like a Chihuahua (small like one) but had some brindle coloring on its legs.  It was a cutie pie and I don't see him being at the shelter very long.  Hubby had a larger dog, which was a boxer mix and although she was very sweet, she had a bit of a pit bull look to her face and so some were cautious to come up to her.  She had beautiful green eyes though and was very sweet - not aggressive at all.  Actually Joey, the dog I was holding was the nippy, barking one! :) 




I haven't been at the square in a while, probably a year. It is really neat.  A nice quaint square with historic buildings and shops!  I forgot that was one of the things I was attracted to about this town when we were first house hunting in Texas.  I will have to go visit again sometime when I am not 'working' at an event.  All day long there was the smell of Kettle Corn in the air, so I did grab a bag of that before we left.  


No comments:

Post a Comment