Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pleasant surprise!

In an attempt to not wait until the last day to do our tax returns I worked on them this afternoon and got them done.  I had been purposely putting it off as I thought for sure we owed this year!  After all, I was a 1099 employee first quarter last year.

Much to my delight though, we are actually due to get a refund! Woo hoo!   I had enough taxes taken out when I became a W2 employee, that it more than covered any taxes I would have owed.  Now I know tax experts always say, if you are getting back a refund you are paying too much in taxes and the advise is to change the amount having withdrawn.  I say no thank you!

I know I don't earn any interest on the taxes that Uncle Sam has throughout the year but I'd still rather get a refund come tax time than owe money!  It is what I consider a savings account and I know others think like me when they have a hard time savings any money.

So I am in a great mood now that I know this fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment