Tuesday, April 24, 2012

News these days...

I came into the kitchen today just in time to hear that social security will likely run dry by 2033. ...great..just  when I hit retirement...gas prices are still really high... there is much mudslinging going on in the political arena...and these are just the first things that come to mind.....

The drama with presidential candidates is a given, the closer it gets to election. The gas prices being high actually does not affect me much. I've only had to buy gas once this year so far!  That is just one of the perks of working at home and not venturing out much (spend less money that way).

But social security running out..that is crippling.  I know I am not alone when I say I am really concerned about that!  I have paid into social security for years and years and would like the comfort of knowing that it will be there for me when I need it, not to mention deserve it. I have very little other retirement and at this rate will not have much saved at all, so I am praying that social security will still be real and paying out when the time comes for me to not work so dang much!  What are we all to do?  Those of us who will absolutely need it?...

If it is no longer there, I guess working full-time until we drop dead is going to be the norm.  I hope not! I suppose the house could be sold and we could pitch a tent somewhere that it is allowed and try to live on the net proceeds from selling the house. There's always the chance of winning the lottery too.  Let's just hope that things get better and that a solution to the funds running out comes sooner than later...in the meantime I think I'll vow to stop watching too much news!  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment