Thursday, April 26, 2012

Farmers Market OPEN

I finally remembered that the farmers market is open.  So I went over this afternoon and got a wide array of wonderful locally grown vegetables, and strawberries.  I also bought a chocolate mint plant to add to my balcony garden.  What's funny is the lady who sold me the plant had me bite into a leaf to taste it and it was right after I had eaten a strawberry that was given to me to sample.  I told her it tasted like a chocolate covered strawberry with a twist of mint! :)

I also got the most interesting looking pattypan squash! :)   I think I'll call this one a Turkey squash instead!



I had a wonderful stirfry of vegetables with dinner today! Yum!  Nothing like fresh veges!  Oh and of course garnished my plate with a few strawberries on the side.






No comments:

Post a Comment