Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day!



Hubby and I went for the morning walk. I had him wake me at 6:30am as usual so that I’d have my full day off.    After that walk I walked Merlin (I always take one of the dogs for a walk after our walk, just not as far). All in all I walk a little over 2 ½ miles on the days I walk.  Anyway, after that I re-potted some aloe plants that were way overcrowded!   I had tons of aloe shoots, I like to call them babies, left over so I posted them for free on Facebook.  I split them into 4 plastic bags in which I put a few wet paper towels to try to keep them moist.  All 4 bags were picked up by 4:30PM. I'm glad I came up with the idea to give them away as I hated to just throw them out.  Here's the re potted aloe plants with lots of room to grow. 


After re-potting the plants I then washed up. I was smart not washing up (from the walk) until then as I was really sweaty. It was very humid this morning and it got up to 100 degrees this afternoon.  Glad I did the re-potting this morning as it at least wasn't hot yet. 

Hubby had picked up a bag of kitty litter for me so I could dump all of dad’s unused medicine in them.  I was told this was the safest way to get rid of them. So another thing on my list to do today was to dispose of them (finally).   So I opened each bottle, etc  and dumped them in the litter and mixed it up and bagged it and it is now in the trash.  There were over 20 bottles!  Those went in the recycling bin.

After the pill dump, I put some laundry in, and made a Chocolate Caramel Surprise (like caramel & nut brownie) that I sell (I’m a gourmet cupboard rep).  


Hubby really likes it and I haven’t had time to bake anything lately.  Then we went to Walmart to return a towel rack missing some parts, went to Home Depot and got one that did have the parts (but hubby needs some other anchor to get it to stay in the wall so it still isn’t up yet in the powder room). 

We did get  some hand towels yesterday and I washed them today and put them in the cute towel rack I painted for the powder room. We also put some (fake) ivy above the cupboard in there too. I think it looks pretty nice.

 The other day I also replaced the flowers (plastic) that were in the sheltie tissue holder that we always had in the bathroom.  I had some unopened flowers I got a few years ago and cut some of them down and put them in .


I took all my jewelry (had placed a big order right before I decided to become a Paparazzi rep) upstairs and got it in two jewelry armoires that I had gotten a few weeks ago. Hey I knew I’d be having a lot of jewelry!  After that I made some lemonade little tarts using the small graham cracker crusts for the pie crusts (also gourmet cupboard). I took a few to mom's this evening so she'd have a nice treat for dessert.

Got the sheets washed and bed made too.  I was happy to be done by last afternoon so I could relax the rest of my day off.  It was a productive yet relaxing as well sort of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment