Sunday, May 12, 2013

Another Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day.  Why?  Because I know that on that day I will hear from both my girls, in one form or another.  And that makes my Mother's Day!  That reminder from them that they are aware how they even came to be....is nice!  Let's face it! Without us our kids would not even exist.  So here's to us MOMS!  :)))  

I also always go and visit my mother who is 86 now and I am not sure how many more Mother's Days I will have to celebrate with her. She is very thin and getting up there in years.  My dad has to make all the meals and such as she doesn't want to lift anything heavy and her back hurts if stands for very long.  But I am grateful that she had me.  I like my life, heck I love it most of the time.  And I love having two wonderful grown kids!..

------
Now that my youngest has graduated from college I am waiting to see if she will return home when her lease is up in a few months.  If she gets a teaching job elsewhere and doesn't come back to live that will be the end of my Empty Nester Countdown.  I will likely keep my blog and just rename it. It is fun to write about everyday life.  I feel proud of myself that I kept up this blog for the last 4 years.  Hope some others enjoyed following my story too.


No comments:

Post a Comment