Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Nice to have a Monday off!  It will also mean a shorter work week which is always great!
Yesterday we grilled hot dogs, cooked up some beans and I had a iced mug of beer to go along with it for dinner. Yum!!   Today it is steaks on the grill and loaded potatoes (left over bacon from earlier this week, and sour cream & butter)!  This will be the first two days we used our grill this year and in a row!  I was the one who came up with the idea to grill the hot dogs on the grill instead of the stove. There is not a lot of charcoal left for the steaks though so I only used a handful for the dogs. Was a bit worried that it wasn't going to be enough, but patience is a virtue, right?!

Yesterday my youngest got dirty with me and helped me thin out 3 way overgrown Aloe plants.  I meant to take a photo of all 3 before we started, but forgot. I did however not get to the third one (we had 9 pots and that was only enough for two of them). Even with that I did ditch some of the younger sprouts.  I just don't want that much aloe! :))

Here's a picture of the one left over yet to be split. See how crowded this poor baby is? You can barely see the pot it is in.

 Here's all the ones we made out of the other two!!









No comments:

Post a Comment