Saturday, May 25, 2013

Soggy Saturday

We got a good soaking rain today.  Yes!  I haven't had to use the sprinklers in over a month!  It stopped raining before noon and hubby, my youngest who came home yesterday and I went to see a movie.  We saw Iron Man III.  It was really good and had great special effects.  The theater was packed and we were worried we wouldn't get popcorn in time for the movie so hubby stood in line and got it while we sat. He only missed the first 5 minutes so that was good!

Got dinner at Taco Bell. I haven't sat down at the local one since we move here 8 years ago but we went tonight.  It was pretty good.  After dinner, my youngest and I took a nice walk, my only form of exercise for 3 or 4 more days.  It is so nice when she visits. I really miss her. Miss the other one too but she is back east so don't get to see her much at all.


I'm so glad that I got my hubby to finally listen to me and stop doing my laundry. The other day he did a load of only his clothes and had a brand new button down shirt that he had only worn once get ruined because there was a pen in a shirt (my guess) and it leaked all over that shirt.  I'm just glad none of my clothes were in it!  I tried soaking it in vinegar but it didn't work. So that shirt is history.

I got some work done this morning before the youngest got up.  And before dinner I brushed all the dogs and cleaned the powder room earlier before the movie, so I feel good that I got some work and some fun things in today.

Tomorrow I want to thin out the aloe plants that we have that are way overcrowded in their pots. I also have a spearmint plant to put in a pot that I got in my last Greenling order. My youngest has agreed to get her hands dirty too.



No comments:

Post a Comment