Friday, May 17, 2013

Lunch Break..

I'm on my lunch break and thought I'd pop in to say I survived my procedure this morning.  What I don't like is that I got a call yesterday saying my procedure costs would be due at time of services (and I thought insurance would cover it). Apparently because it is a medical procedure and not a doctor's appointment it will only go toward my deductible. Luckily I had the $345.06 to cover it!  They should mention these things before they even schedule the procedures.  At least the nurse gave me 5 adhesive pads today to use after she told me to keep band aids on it when I retorted that I don't have any big enough (this is wider than a regular band-aid size).

The gauze bandage that was put on this morning is getting a little itchy but I'm trying to not bother it.  And it was more than a few stitches too. Probably more like 5 or 6, although I didn't ask.  The doctor (lady) is very nice and she was pleasant and chatty as was her nurse throughout the procedure, so that kept me at ease. One time though I heard scissors and asked her if she was using them and she said yes for the outer layer of skin.  I told her that I could do THAT!  LOL.  Anyway, it is done at least. Now more bandage and Vaseline applications for another 10 days. Oh I can't exercise either (my aerobics) as they do have some stitches inside as well and I don't want to pull/tear them.  So that will be really weird not doing my tapes for 10 days.  I can still walk (they said) so I'll do that but to this exercise addict it will be weird not doing my routine!

We didn't with the Power Ball the other day although no one did.  We didn't get more than 1 number right. But we are certainly going to play it tomorrow. Can't win if you don't play right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment