Saturday, May 4, 2013

Weekend off!

I don't have to work this weekend, well actually I can't which is even better (systems won't be available), otherwise I'd feel like I should be working. So I was able to relax last night after dinner and did not do any more work.  I was happy enough with what I accomplished, even with the doctor appointment I had.

Oh yes, the dermatologist appointment. The doctor was very nice and thorough, yet quick which is fine because I do not like even going to the doctor let alone hanging around in a doctor's office.  Hubby went with me in case they were going to take my blood pressure (he helps keep me calm when I get that white coat syndrome).  Well they did not take my blood pressure, which was fine with me. 

The doctor biopsied my lesion (that's what they kept calling it) to be certain but she said she is pretty sure it is basal cell carcinoma.  I was not really surprised nor all that upset. My sister has had some on her head a few years back and my dad has had some on his face and arms.  Once removed, that takes care of that (so I read and so I was told as well).  I will find out in about a week for certain and then get it removed and will need a few stitches.  Since they take a biopsy anyway as an afterthought I wondered why they don't just cut it out, stitch it up and then send out for biopsy.  That way, either way it is done, and taken care of. Now I have to keep the area moist and clean for another week.  I have a band aid on it now but it itches. Bleh!

This morning we had plans to check out a pet boarding facility, check out some laminate flooring and go to a new flea market.  Well we got the first thing done okay and it went well, but when we got to the flooring store it is CLOSED on Saturdays.  What??  It is only open Monday - Friday.  Okay so much for that. We headed to a flea market and I had hopes of wandering around a little looking at this and that and perhaps picking up a new treasure that I didn't need but wanted to have.  :-).  The flea market was in an old building and had two tables of jewelry and hats. That's it.  I didn't even bother going in because the place looked deserted and hubby checked it out.  So that was a disappointing morning!

The plan was to come back later on and do some cleaning. So of course there was THAT as there is always cleaning....it isn't like we came home to a sparkling house that cleaned itself while we were gone. Darn! I worked on the first floor, hubby the second. I got most of it done but will finish tomorrow.  I'd like to have a little bit of fun today so we are going to watch a movie.  Hub has picked up several at different garage sales so we're going to go pick one.

I can't take credit for this picture but isn't it a nice one?  This is Merlin (our biggest) and Ditzy (our smallest) sitting out on the back porch steps early this morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment