Friday, March 20, 2015

Did I surprise YA?

By not blogging yesterday?  Oh no, I disappointed you? Sorry!

Hey I was just watching something on the news last night about wine and arsenic.  So now there apparently is a certain level of 'unsafe'? arsenic in wines. Luckily for me they are mostly involved with white or blush wines and I usually drink Merlot. Although they did mention occurring more so in the 'cheap' wines which I do partake of.  Hey Walgreens has a brand that tastes just as good to me as any high dollar priced wine I've had. 

Since we're on the topic of arsenic..I actually don't know why ANY levels are arsenic are safe but apparently it is unavoidable anyway as it can be just about everywhere.

Arsenic can be found in the ground, in some things we eat and yes even our water we drink.  Remember the ol' drink 8 glasses of water a day?  So do I increase my arsenic levels by that much if I drink that much water?  I also read 'online' that beer contains arsenic too. DAMN!  Well that's it. I'm not going to stop drinking because now the scale seems tilted more to the "BAD" side than the HELPFUL side of drinking wine (and beer and Kahlua or whatever else I like to have sometimes).

I just have to hope my body can continue to filter through and eliminate any poisons via sweating and/ or bodily functions that occur.

Sorry to say the youngest will not be visiting this weekend. Her fur kid is sick. Hope she'll be fine and just has some stomach bug.  We'll be seeing her in a few weeks instead.  Oh well I'm still planning on relaxing some this weekend because I deserve it!  Maybe I can introduce myself to my hubby again!


No comments:

Post a Comment