Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Oh JOY!!

Okay I'm on my lunch break and decided to blog now so that I don't forget later, like I did yesterday.

The subject line of this blog is me skipping with JOY!  I don't have to go over and use a catheter on my dad 3 times a day anymore!  That is the good news.  They fit him with a bag that can be drained when it is full which he should be able to do on his own (I really hope)!

But there is not so great news too.  His levels have declined again. Bottom line, he still has an infection which they gave him more meds for and part of the reason is that he is just not drinking enough water. He also is still really thin and my hubby who took him to his appointment today told me that the nurse flat out told him he has to drink a lot MORE water and eat more too. "You are skin and bones." I think were her words.  These facts are all too evident to me.  I can tell him over and over to drink more water and eat more but he is only going to do what he wants to do.It goes in one ear and out the other.

They cannot even talk about any possible procedures until his infection goes away and his prostrate gets smaller too (that has enlarged as well due to the infection). 

I don't know if it is just my father, and mother as a matter of fact, or if it is just older people in general. They just don't want to do what is needed to do.  When given a free meal, if they don't really like it, they say so.  Instead of being grateful, it is "Well it was pretty bland", not realizing that it may just be their taste buds as they are so used to eating so many sweets. The meal I took over Sunday, hubby and I thought was quite tasty although I did add a little salt/pepper.  My folks didn't care for it all that much.  I hope that in my 'old lady' years..that I remember to be appreciative of everything that is done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment