Monday, March 9, 2015

Rainy days and Mondays..

I decided to write during my lunch hour (well I take 1/2 hour) so that I can actually say more than Hi and Goodnight. :)

My dad is still hanging in there although he is still pretty weak/frail (as opposed to how he was prior to his getting sick). I'm hoping he will drink up the Ensure that hubby got for him and that it will work like spinach did for Popeye!  He's on meds now too for the UTI infection he has. So his body is going through a lot. Poor guy. He's hanging in though as I said.  He's still not going #1 on his own and that bothers him, no surprise there.  But hopefully he will.

He will be 89 on the 27th of this month. I have to keep reminding myself that fact when I wish his transition back to his old self would happen more quickly!  I also have to get used to the idea that this may be as good as he gets. Hope not but after another couple months, if there is no improvement I may have to talk to the siblings about the dreaded 'assisted living' idea.  My mom is already frail and cannot do much on her own, so if dad doesn't get better I don't see how they can keep living 'independently' in their home. They have had assistance from a local company called Visiting Angels who help by making meals, doing dishes, grocery shopping, etc. Apparently though they hire anyone even if they don't know how to cook. If my dad basically has to walk them through the entire procedure, why bother? One even burned their table cloth on their kitchen table. Granted it is a plastic type cover so it wasn't directly on wood, but burned the entire top layer of plastic off by setting a hot (off the stove) pan right on the table.  What?!!  The first thing caregivers should be taught is to treat everyone's house like their own. Would they really put a hot pan on their table without a potholder or trivet first? Seriously?  Then I'd hate to be in their house!

Granted my folks like things done the way THEY want them done, but it really wouldn't be that hard to accommodate them, after all they are providing a service to my parents or at least are suppose to be. 

I was going over and helping with meals on top of helping my dad catheter but that was wearing me down too, so I couldn't do it and still maintain the hours I work, take care of the 5 dogs and oh yes....say hi to my hubby every once in a while.

Well I have to get back to work. Oh yah...it is rainy today.. all day so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment