Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wrong Day

Guess I was rushing the week along yesterday when I titled the post Tuesday Topic. 

< Sigh > Wishful thinking I suppose.

Okay. While I still think the health care workers we are dealing with suck, there is a possible light at the end of this tunnel.  The urologist wants to do a procedure on dad to clear out the blockage that he thinks he sees such as scar tissue, that is preventing the natural flow to occur from my dad's bladder. He said it has an 85% success rate and there are no additional risks or concerns due to age. It is an outpatient procedure (where he does not have to stay in the hospital) and my dad is very enthusiastic to give it a shot.  It is going to be later in March, sometime the week of the 22nd.

He also does not have a so called bladder infection that needs antibiotics. It is more like residual stuff that just does get out because the bladder doesn't completely drain. I'm not going to get real technical but am glad to hear this news which also explains to me why he wasn't in pain and feeling the urge to go all the time. I've had UTI infections and they were not something that one is nonchalant about!

I so hope that this procedure works!  If it does the results should be very quick, like within a day. :-)  Say a little prayer everyone.  I'd also love to be done helping him with the catheter 3 times a day.

 We are getting another cold front with a chance of wintry mix Wed evening thru Thursday morning. Fun, fun !!

No comments:

Post a Comment