Saturday, March 7, 2015

Fast Food, Fast Calories!

In an attempt to get my folks, especially my dad to eat MORE, I suggested they try to eat fast food more often, at least once a week, if not more.  Nothing packs calories like fast food. :-)  My dad really needs to try to put on more weight as he got very thin when he was sick and doesn't weigh a whole lot more than I do at this point.

Tonight's dinner for them was Dairy Queen!  :-)  I stayed to help clean up after dinner (but mostly to watch how much they ate). Dad ate everything on his plate and my mom did not too bad. She has eaten lightly for at least a few years now but my dad was not a light eater, especially at dinnertime.  He's my main concern right now for weight gain.

I also recommended they eat snacks, in the afternoon and in the evening after diner so that maybe that will add more caloric intake, more food, and more energy and more weight!  I'm no nutritionist but I can see with my eyes that more weight is needed to get more strength.  And I know fast food is not the healthiest, but I am just thinking of things with high calories for now. Hubby is also going to get dad some Ensure tomorrow to have for snacks or whenever. 

All this talk about food is making me hungry so I better end this blog now. It is 10:15PM and too late for me to eat anything (without getting a belly ache).  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment